Sunday, April 13, 2014

Izzy turns 5 today!

Isabella is turning 5.  Man, where did the time go?

I remember so clearly, as most moms do I'm sure, the day she was born.

The following picture was taken on April 12, 2009.  My due date was April 13.  I was about to pop.




Around 2:00 a.m. on the morning of my due date, I woke up and rushed to the bathroom.  My water broke! I remember saying, "Uhhhh, Jared, I think my water just broke."  He replied, "Are you sure?"  

Uh, yeah!  Pretty sure that gallon of liquid in the toilet was not just me having to go number one. (Sorry if I gave you any pictures in your head.)

So, Jared rolled out of bed and we got ready to go to the hospital.  While Jared grabbed the last minute items I had written down for him to pack in the hospital bag, I took a shower.

It's how I am.

We drove to the hospital, me with a towel between my legs the whole time.  Nobody told me that when you're water breaks, it's not a one time event.  It's an ongoing event.

And then I remember, and I'm kind of laughing as I type this, when I stepped out of Jared's Xterra into the hospital parking lot, and there went another gallon.  My pants, shoes, and socks were soaked as we walked into the emergency room.

We had to wait in the waiting room for about 10 minutes.  Thankfully I wasn't having any contractions yet.  I didn't want to sit down due to my soaked pants, so instead I just stood there while a puddle formed on the floor around my feet.  (Sorry again for any mental images.  It was quite comical, though.  And embarassing.)

Finally the staff took us back to a room, where they had to do a test to see if my water had actually broken.  Uh, again, pretty sure the 2 to 3 gallons of liquid that gushed and leaked out of me was not from my bladder.  (For the third time, sorry.)

Turns out, I was in labor.  Finally someone believed me!

After about 10 hours, including a very painful epidural (the guy had to stick that huge needle in my back three times because he kept hitting my spine), Izzy came into this world at 12:25 pm!  She weighed 8 lbs, 7 oz, and was 22 inches long.




6 weeks old

2 months old





This was at her Nanny's and Papa Dan's house for a 1st birthday get together.



This was at her Papaw Keith's and Grandma Sandy's house for another birthday get together.


Visiting Great-Grandma Josie (my grandmother) in Dallas the spring after she turned one.  I remember she had hurt her foot a few days before and couldn't walk.

Summer 2010




Fall 2010


Christmas 2010





Winter 2010/2011

Spring 2011

2nd birthday


Spring 2011







Summer 2011

Her hair has always been so curly.



Fall 2011



Christmas 2011


Winter 2011/2012


Spring 2012

Summer 2012

Christmas 2012




Winter 2012/2013

Spring 2013

Summer 2013

Fall 2013



Christmas 2013




Winter 2013/2014




Spring 2014








Happy Birthday, Isabella May Wilhite!  You have been an absolute joy.  You are so friendly and sweet, and you love to laugh and play.  You are my big helper and I just can't believe you're turning 5.  We love you more than you'll ever know.

Love,
Momma and Dada

No comments:

Post a Comment